[Tutorial] Make your photos pop using 5 quick color adjustments

Discuss and share Pixelmator Pro resources such as templates, mockups, and tutorials.

2020-06-05 14:47:56

If you’re just starting out with photography and photo editing, you might be a little overwhelmed by all the different color adjustments you’ll find in a powerful editor like Pixelmator Pro. And usually, most photos will need just a few color adjustments to really look their best. Let’s dive in and take a look at five basic color adjustments you can use to make your photos look great.
Check out the full tutorial here.

2020-06-10 04:04:44

This was extremely useful, so thank you!

I prefer to edit my photos using Pixelmator Photos, but I found every step in this tutorial could be applied there as well. Some Pixelmator Photos users may not think to check here for such a tutorial, but with just some extra screenshots you could easily adapt this for both.

I actually requested some guides on colour balance (along with when/how to use them with/versus Levels and Curves, and this answered some of my questions :smiley:

2020-06-10 09:18:52

Sure, this tutorial definitely works for Pixelmator Photo, too! Once we start working on tutorials for Pixelmator Photo, we can definitely adapt this quite easily. :ok_hand:

2020-06-10 09:19:40

P.S. Great idea re. Levels and Curves, I'll have to remember this the next time we work on a photo editing tutorial. :pray:

2022-02-16 13:23:42

Would love a tutorial for moody photos using pixelmator photo

2022-02-17 08:07:19

We've got some plans to start working on Pixelmator Photo tutorials in the future, so we'll definitely consider this topic once we do! :pray: