Multiple quick selections in one photo

Discuss and share Pixelmator Pro resources such as templates, mockups, and tutorials.

2020-02-27 17:54:43

I can create a quick selection and do whatever I want. I then create a 2nd quick selection in another part of the picture and do whatever I want. I then want to return to the 1st quick selection and tweak it a little more.

How do I get back to the original quick selection. I do not see where/how I can get to an earlier created, but not now current selection. Thanks for any guidance

2020-02-28 14:01:45

Hey there, saving selections is currently possible by means for a workaround — creating a shape from the selection, hiding the layer, then loading the selection as needed. Here's how I'd do that:

1. Create a selection
2. With any selection tool still active, Control-click the selection and choose Convert into Shape

If the shape has any strokes or shadows, remove those using the Style tool (click Reset Style at the bottom of the Tool Options pane)

3. Hide the layer by clicking its visibility icon in the Layers sidebar (or choose Arrange > Hide).
4. When you'd like to get the selection back, make the layer visible again, choose Edit > Load Selection, then hide the shape layer again, choose your image layer, and use the selection as needed

Hope that helps!

P.S. Welcome to the forum!