How to get a HQ spreadsheet/table image?

Discuss and share Pixelmator Pro resources such as templates, mockups, and tutorials.

2020-02-22 00:07:32

Hi everyone,

It'd be much appreciated if you can help me with my problem!

I just need to put a table (usually not a big one, something like 30 rows & a few columns) from Numbers (I mean Apple's app) into a png image.
Thankfully, Pixelmator can put the table in an image with one step if I have copied it. But the problem is that it's not one with a great quality! When I export it as a png, I get somewhat blurry text and the image is much worse than a simple screenshot (It is also smaller in size, dimensions and resolution. not sure why).

Is there an easy way to make a high-quality image of my table?
I probably should clarify that I'm looking for a way other than taking screenshots and stitching them or typing much larger text in my table.

Thanks for taking the time to read my question. Any help would be hugely appreciated!

2020-02-22 07:05:30

Hi AMH.

My go to for this wouldn't involve Pixelmator/Pixelmator Pro (until possibly the very end).

Apple Numbers can export as a PDF. (if a PDF works for you then stop here. If not...)
Apple's Preview app can import a PDF and export as a .png at your choice of ppi, resulting in an image resolution of yor choice.
Preview or Pixelmator can then trim the resulting .png down from a full page to the size you want.

Hope this helps.

- Stef.

2020-02-22 23:10:17

by st3f 2020-02-22 07:05:30 Hi AMH.

My go to for this wouldn't involve Pixelmator/Pixelmator Pro (until possibly the very end).

Apple Numbers can export as a PDF. (if a PDF works for you then stop here. If not...)
Apple's Preview app can import a PDF and export as a .png at your choice of ppi, resulting in an image resolution of yor choice.
Preview or Pixelmator can then trim the resulting .png down from a full page to the size you want.

Hope this helps.

- Stef.
Thank you, Stef! This is actually very helpful and I'm very grateful.
A couple of extra steps, but a perfect solution, really.. since I can actually choose whatever dpi I want when exporting to png.