[Tutorial] Quickly remove a solid color background from an image

Discuss Pixelmator Pro tutorials and share useful resources.

2019-07-17 11:38:36

When you download images of various objects from the web, they’ll often come with a solid white background. If you want to combine these objects with other images, you’ll need to remove the background. Luckily, Pixelmator Pro has just the tool for the job — the Smart Erase tool.

Read the full tutorial here.

2019-07-17 20:00:53

Great work, nice introduction very useful, learning as I go..

2019-07-18 11:30:13

by CirculairPixel Great work, nice introduction very useful, learning as I go..
Glad to hear it!

2019-08-12 01:13:36

This looks easy enough. I'm really just starting to learn photo editing and decided to buy Pixelmator. Where would you recommend I go for very basic photo editing tips and tricks? Thanks.

2019-08-12 16:41:31

What kind of tips and tricks are you looking for? How to get the hang of basic editing techniques specifically for photos? For example, adjusting the colors of photos, and so on? Or are you looking more for techniques similar to the ones in this tutorial, which are generally more for creating graphics and designs?

2019-08-12 18:58:21

by Andrius 2019-08-12 16:41:31 What kind of tips and tricks are you looking for? How to get the hang of basic editing techniques specifically for photos? For example, adjusting the colors of photos, and so on? Or are you looking more for techniques similar to the ones in this tutorial, which are generally more for creating graphics and designs?
I’m moving into this brave new world of picture editing. My previous tools were mostly the magic wand in iOS Photos. So, I’m looking for the basic X steps that any Pixelmator user would take. From there, I could gain confidence and start looking into more advanced features.

Like I said, I’m a newbie and I want to learn. Thanks for the quick response.

2019-08-14 16:04:44

by Francois 2019-08-12 18:58:21
I’m moving into this brave new world of picture editing. My previous tools were mostly the magic wand in iOS Photos. So, I’m looking for the basic X steps that any Pixelmator user would take. From there, I could gain confidence and start looking into more advanced features.

Like I said, I’m a newbie and I want to learn. Thanks for the quick response.
For now, I'd maybe start with our Help guide and the section of adjusting colors. Maybe one of the next tutorials could cover basic photography editing steps...