Online courses for Pixelmator Pro

Discuss and share Pixelmator Pro resources such as templates, mockups, and tutorials.

2021-10-21 16:43:08

Hi!
I'm curious if there are any (serious) online courses for Pixelmator Pro? A 1-minute googling did not reveal any results.

I usually tell everyone that Pixelmator Pro is one of the most underrated apps for Mac. And from marketing point of view, that's actually not good at all! So I thought having online courses is one option to make the world aware of Pixelmator Pro. The official video tutorials are great, but might be not enough for new users.

See for yourself:
https://www.domestika.org/en?query=procreate (48 results)
https://www.domestika.org/en?query=pixelmator (0)

2021-10-22 08:51:44

Heya! PhotoJoseph and TheMacUdotcom are a couple of creators who I know have done some online courses on Pixelmator Pro but generally speaking, I agree that there really isn't an overabundance of Pixelmator Pro learning materials on the web. To be fair, collaborating with independent artists is something we've considered but put aside for now as we'd first like to focus on covering the Pixelmator Pro basics in our official tutorials. Perhaps we can make that happen one day, though! :fingers_crossed:

2021-10-22 19:07:05

Thanks, I will check these out. And yes, your tutorials are great for getting started and understanding the app concepts!

2021-12-20 19:37:15

by Aurelija 2021-10-22 12:51:44 Heya! PhotoJoseph and TheMacUdotcom are a couple of creators who I know have done some online courses on Pixelmator Pro but generally speaking, I agree that there really isn't an overabundance of Pixelmator Pro learning materials on the web. To be fair, collaborating with independent artists is something we've considered but put aside for now as we'd first like to focus on covering the Pixelmator Pro basics in our official tutorials. Perhaps we can make that happen one day, though! :fingers_crossed:
Have you had any conversations with companies like LinkedIn Learning (formerly lynda.com) that do application training?

2021-12-22 12:54:55

by Lysander 2021-12-20 17:37:15
Have you had any conversations with companies like LinkedIn Learning (formerly lynda.com) that do application training?
I don't think we have (not to my knowledge least). At the beginning of this year, though, we've started working more intensely on Pixelmator Pro tutorials, and so far, it looks like it's going really well. We'll see what comes out of it moving forward!

2022-01-18 11:18:21

by Aurelija 2021-12-22 17:54:55
I don't think we have (not to my knowledge least). At the beginning of this year, though, we've started working more intensely on Pixelmator Pro tutorials, and so far, it looks like it's going really well. We'll see what comes out of it moving forward!
Yes, but the audience for companies like LinkedIn Learning, Skillshare and Creative Live is very large and would give PMP much greater exposure to people searching for app education. If you look at the roster of cources on these sites you inutively know that Photoshop. and Lightroom are major apps because of the vast coverage. When people do not see Pixelmator Pro courses they intutively know that is is not app anyone shows interest in.

Photo Joseph has taught courses on those platforms for other apps and if you could work with him to get a Pixelmator Pro course in there it would greatly improve potential user knowledge about the app fantastic capabilites.

2022-01-29 13:47:11

by Editing Brains 2022-01-29 16:56:17
I have heard the finalrendrstudios also make some great tutorials. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2c6VOO98XQ
They have posted two short videos. I think Pixelmator needs to engage with the large training sites, like LinkedIn Learning, to offer full-length classes and deep dives into the product. This would similar to the offerings for Photoshop, Lightroom, and Affinity Photo.

2022-01-29 14:17:46

I’m not sure if working with training sites is a good way to go. I think Pixelmator is on the good way with their own videos.
Affinity did it also that way, by putting all kinds of tutorials and presenting Affinity users on YouTube. Than there will be more YouTubers making movies and so on.
Just my 2 cents . . .

2022-01-29 14:26:21

by Jos 2022-01-29 14:18:50 I’m not sure if working with training sites is a good way to go. I think Pixelmator is on the good way with their own videos.
Affinity did it also that way, by putting all kinds of tutorials and presenting Affinity users on YouTube. Than there will be more YouTubers making movies and so on.
Just my 2 cents . . .
Sure, there are many options but Steve Caplin did THREE Affinity courses on LinkedIn Learning
- Affinity Photo Essential Training
- Advanced Affinity Photo for Desktop
- Affinity Photo for iPad

This is over SIX hours of formal training for Affinty.

Also on LinkedIn Learnig:

There is a five hour course on Pixelmator from 2016 by Richard Harringotn called "Learning Pixelmator" - this is not Pro just the old app. And this is 6 years ago.

So all I am saying is they need to at least get Richard to do an updated version with the current Pixelmator Pro.

2022-09-13 23:06:36

And yet another spammer.