File has been changed by another application

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2022-03-11 17:57:47

I recently upgraded from Pixelmator Classic to Pixelmator Pro to take advantage of Apple Silicon. All of the graphics files that I work on are stored in Microsoft OneDrive folders that sync locally with my iMac. Ever since I switched from Classic to Pro, anytime that I am working with a Pixelmator file that is stored on a OneDrive folder I constantly get this message:

It happens almost every time that I make a change in a file and is driving me nuts. I have to click "Save Anyway" to proceed working on my file. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to prevent this other than moving my files to non OneDrive folders? I use lots of other applications with OneDrive folders and do not have similar issues.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2022-03-16 09:07:29

Hey Timothy. Could you shoot us a quick email about this at support@pixelmtor.com? We have a Pixelmator Pro version in development that should no longer have these issues. :pray:

2022-03-19 01:07:04

by Aurelija 2022-03-16 14:07:29 Hey Timothy. Could you shoot us a quick email about this at support@pixelmtor.com? We have a Pixelmator Pro version in development that should no longer have these issues. :pray:
Awesome...just sent.

2022-03-26 07:52:17

Hi,

I have been using Pixelmator pro for some time and I have recently been having the exact same issue. I sync all my Pixelmator files through OneDrive one a separate usb 2TB hard drive. I think the error occurs when one drive is automatically re-syncing as the file is changing, Pixelmator then struggles as it thinks the file has been updated externally. Do you have any suggestions as for a temporary workaround while you continue to test the fixes you have implemented to address this?

Thank you

Sophie

2022-03-29 08:31:47

Hey, Sophie. Could you make sure both your OneDrive and macOS versions are up to date? OneDrive has released updates to improve syncing recently, so there's a good chance you'll see improvement after the update. Let us know how it goes!

2023-06-28 09:35:58

I'm now having this same issue. I don't use OneDrive but I do use Dropbox. Is there a fix available at all?

2023-08-28 15:23:07

I used to get this alot, but when I ran a test today, I'm not seeing it happen. Was this fixed (I'd like to know so I can share with another team member that shares things in OneDrive).

2023-10-17 20:53:42

Hello! I just started getting this in Sept/Oct '23 with Dropbox moving its file location to ~/Library/CloudStorage. It sees Pixelmator Pro files as the individual elements that make up a Pixelmator Pro files. I'm seeing Dropbox upload thumbnail.webp, icon.webp, metadata.info, as individual elements. I think this is triggering the Pixelmator Pro to think the file has been updated by another app (Dropbox) and giving the pop-up warning/alert.

This stops when I pausing synching of Dropbox while working on Pixelmator Pro files.

( Image

2023-11-05 22:43:18

by NathSpeaks I'm now having this same issue. I don't use OneDrive but I do use Dropbox. Is there a fix available at all?
. Same issue. I also use Dropbox. Looking for a solution.