New from Photos and the albums it shows

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2022-01-07 15:58:57

It seems that "New from Photos" picks up a whole bunch of albums that I thought were deleted from Photos before I started Pixelmator Pro. For example, I do not have albums of Slo-mo, Animated, Long Exposure, and others. Perhaps worst thing about this is that all of my "real" albums are put at the bottom of this long list. Bug or "feature"?

2022-01-11 14:38:44

Hey Charles. Have you deleted these albums recently? If you did, they may still be in the Recently Deleted folder. Let me know if deleting the folders from there works.

As for the order of albums — there's no way to change it, unfortunately, but we do have this improvement in mind for the Photos Browser 2.0.

2022-01-11 14:48:49

No, I thought I had all of those "extra" albums, deleted from Photos well before I started using Pixelmator Pro. And they are not in the Recently Deleted folder. So, I am guessing that there is some interaction going on with Apple setups for Photos. Hope you folks take a look at this for Photos Browser 2.0!
And thanks!

2022-01-18 10:22:23

by Charles J Taft 2022-01-11 12:48:49 No, I thought I had all of those "extra" albums, deleted from Photos well before I started using Pixelmator Pro. And they are not in the Recently Deleted folder.
Got it. I've actually been able to reproduce this on my end as well and it looks like a potential bug. The team's looking into it right now!