Brush pressure and double-click zoom

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2022-01-07 10:34:52

1、The pressure feeling of the painting tool pen does not match the thickness of the actually drawn lines

When my pen touches the screen, no matter whether the pressure is high or low, the writing changes from thin to thick, rather than getting results based on the pressure. This is unreasonable. And when I slowly reduced the pressure and lifted the pen, the lines would suddenly break off inexplicably and would not become the thinnest. This situation does not appear on other software, and the Wacom driver problem can basically be ruled out.
Image Image Image
Brush parameters: Hard Basic 30px (Advanced Settings>Pressure>Size by Pressure:100%)

This is a very serious problem, like a bug. I have feedback before, but it has not received much attention (maybe because I put it in the feature suggestion). Many people are troubled by the same problem, and it has not been solved so far.

Feedback you can refer to:
https://www.pixelmator.com/community/vi ... 12&t=17884
https://www.pixelmator.com/community/vi ... t=pressure

Pixelmator Pro Versions: 2.3.4 Abracadabra
Mac mini (M1, 2020) 8GB
Mac OS Version: Monterey 12.0.1
Wacom Cintiq Pro 13
Wacom Driver Version: 6.3.45-2

2、It is very easy to trigger double-tap to zoom when you press and hold the space button to move the canvas

When you press and hold the space button to move the canvas, if the frequency is too fast, it will trigger double-click to zoom, which is very torturous. Hope to provide options to close or adjust the click interval.

2022-01-08 05:13:00

I tried the old Pixelmator classic, and there was no inconsistency between pen pressure and lines. This is ridiculous. This is a very basic function. I hope the Pixelmator team can pay attention to this problem and solve it first :pray:

2022-01-13 03:29:20

Please don't ignore these serious problems :pray:

2022-01-18 13:48:26

I sincerely hope that the problem can be solved :pray:

2022-01-18 14:13:19

Hey nioone, apologies for not writing back sooner. We realize we haven't addressed this issue properly for a while but we've now assigned a team member to investigate it. Hopefully, there will be some positive developments soon. :fingers_crossed: The extra info is also a big help, thanks for sharing! :pray:

2022-01-18 14:21:01

by Aurelija 2022-01-18 14:14:04 Hey nioone, apologies for not writing back sooner. We realize we haven't addressed this issue properly for a while but we've now assigned a team member to investigate it. Hopefully, there will be some positive developments soon. :fingers_crossed: The extra info is also a big help, thanks for sharing! :pray:
This news brings hope. I wish Pixelmator better and better. This is my favorite software :pray:

2022-01-20 10:11:35

by nioone 2022-01-18 12:21:01 This news brings hope. I wish Pixelmator better and better. This is my favorite software :pray:
Good news, nioone! After a little bit of digging around, we think we've found a potential solution for this issue you've reported. If you'd shoot us a quick email at support@pixelmator.com, we could send you a Pixelmator Pro beta with this fix. We'd really appreciate it if you could give it a try and let us know if painting works any better for you.

2022-01-21 03:15:10

by Aurelija
Good news, nioone! After a little bit of digging around, we think we've found a potential solution for this issue you've reported. If you'd shoot us a quick email at support@pixelmator.com, we could send you a Pixelmator Pro beta with this fix. We'd really appreciate it if you could give it a try and let us know if painting works any better for you.
Nice job! :thumbs_up: A request has been sent, I will definitely try to help with feedback.

2022-01-21 13:45:09

by nioone 2022-01-21 01:15:10 Nice job! :thumbs_up: A request has been sent, I will definitely try to help with feedback.
Thanks! We've sent you the beta. :pray:

2022-01-22 05:23:58

by Aurelija
Thanks! We've sent you the beta. :pray:
Tried the beta version and the problem persists. It may be that I used the translation tool and did not express it clearly. I made an intuitive comparison chart as follows:
And there is also the problem that the tail will not be too thin to the thinnest Image
A new problem similar to the ink spitting of a pen also appeared
I hope the pixelmator team will work harder to solve the problem :muscle:

2022-01-26 10:39:41

Thanks for taking the time to test the beta and for sharing your feedback! Helps us a lot. :pray: It's OK, your report is actually perfect and we understand the issue but it turns out it's more complex than we originally thought. While we did notice improvement testing this internally, it seems like the fix didn't do much for external testers (possibly using different setups). For now, it looks like we'll need to take our time with this bug and do a more thorough revision of the painting engine.

2022-01-26 11:52:11

by Aurelija 2022-01-26 02:39:41 Thanks for taking the time to test the beta and for sharing your feedback! Helps us a lot. :pray: It's OK, your report is actually perfect and we understand the issue but it turns out it's more complex than we originally thought. While we did notice improvement testing this internally, it seems like the fix didn't do much for external testers (possibly using different setups). For now, it looks like we'll need to take our time with this bug and do a more thorough revision of the painting engine.
Yes, the brush engine really needs a thorough improvement, and it's really worth waiting. I also have a suggestion here. Let each brush have thickness feedback on the pressure feeling by default. There is no need to set it separately for each brush. This is more in line with the intuition of people who use brush tools for the first time.

2022-12-25 23:04:30

*BUMP*

Merry Christmas! I got an XP-Pen Artist 12 (second edition) for my kids to replace the Wacom tablet they've been using on the Mac mini...

Pressure sensitivity doesn't work in Pixelmator Pro.

Like, at ALL.

Funny thing coz -- the tilt sure does work! I thought it was super odd that the pressure sensitivity doesn't do anything at all.

2023-01-02 12:22:52

Hi there! Please make sure that pressure sensitivity is enabled in your brush settings. Select the Paint tool, choose the brush you'd like to use, then click Advanced Settings > Pressure and set the Size by Pressure value to 100%.

If brush sensitivity still doesn't work, please make sure you've installed the latest drivers for your tablet, which you can find here: https://www.xp-pen.com/download-749.html

I would also recommend uninstalling the drivers for your previous tablet, as it's possible the issue is caused by a conflict between the two drivers.

Lastly, if none of the above fixes the issue, please drop us a line at support@pixelmator.com with your Mac specs and a screen recording of the Paint tool behavior, and we'll do our best to help!