Where are pxd files are saved and how can I view them? and why does Pixelmator not delete them when prompted to?

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2021-10-07 22:47:11

Hello

How can I get rid of pxd files which constantly appear in the recently opened files list when right-clicking on the Pixelmator Pro logo? I do not want to see them after editing them. Also, where are pxd files are saved on a Mac (Osx Big Sur) and how can I view them?

Every time, after finishing with editing an image, I am asked whether I want to keep or delete the pxd file, and even if I choose to delete it, Pixelmator still suggests to open it again the next time I launch it (meaning it hasn't been deleted).

These are extremely annoying bugs that should be fixed ASAP.

2021-10-08 08:22:20

Hi Rotem, I've just checked and the files are, in fact, deleted, but the filenames are probably stored in some preference file that doesn't seem to be updated when this happens. This is a standard macOS feature for document-based apps, so it's not something we have too much control over – in fact, I reproduced the same issue in Pages, too, so it'll be a general OS-level bug/feature. To clear the list, you can click File > Open Recent > Clear Menu.

Hope that helps!

2021-10-08 14:14:45

by Andrius 2021-10-08 05:22:20 Hi Rotem, I've just checked and the files are, in fact, deleted, but the filenames are probably stored in some preference file that doesn't seem to be updated when this happens. This is a standard macOS feature for document-based apps, so it's not something we have too much control over – in fact, I reproduced the same issue in Pages, too, so it'll be a general OS-level bug/feature. To clear the list, you can click File > Open Recent > Clear Menu.

Hope that helps!
It has. Thanks.