Colour fill type bug?

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2021-07-11 15:45:40

New to Pixelmator, and I'm just trying out the trial of PP, so not sure if this is a bug or if I'm just being dense, but . .

I have a pink rectangle (pixel not shape) on one layer with type above it on a new layer.

I drag a new colour from the colour palette onto the pink rectangle layer, and the layer dutifully changes colour but the original pink colour still shows through the counters of the letters on the type layer above it.

If I hide the type layer then the shapes of the counters are still shown in the original pink on the rectangle layer.

Odd.

2021-07-12 08:17:54

Hey there. Under the Color Fill settings, could you make sure "Sample all layers" is deselected and try filing the rectangle layer again? It should help.

2021-07-12 09:03:45

Thanks. I've tried that. 'Sample all layers' was and is deselected, but the problem persists.

This time I used the colour fill tool (so as to get access to the options), where previously I'd just dragged and dropped the colour from the colour picker top right of the interface. The issue happens with both.

Odd.

2021-07-12 09:15:28

Got it. Could you try Option-dragging the color onto the image and see if that helps? The Quick Fill has a certain fill tolerance level when filling areas of an image, so it might not be enough to cross over to the inside of the letters. While holding down the Option, it should fill with 100% tolerance.

2021-07-12 09:23:13

Aha. That seems to do the trick. Is that tolerance hard coded, or is there a setting I can adjust for that?

Thanks for the help.

2021-07-12 10:25:03

Nice! There's a Terminal flag you can use to adjust the Quick Fill tolerance. For instance,

defaults write com.pixelmatorteam.pixelmator.x quickFillTolerance -float 1.0

would give you a 100% fill tolerance.

Hope that helps!