How to create the shortcuts for the Export Preset

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2021-05-21 10:04:22

Hi team,
One more question about Keybord Shortcut for created Export Preset - how to do it?
We created new preset
Created shorcut
but shortcut not working, and not appearing in dropdown menu
Tried different way to target this item with new shortcut
And again no luck!

Second question.
You created short tutorial about Export possibilities - https://www.pixelmator.com/tutorials/ov ... t-for-web/, but didn't mention how to Export images inside Pixelmator Pro!!!
All tutorial about dragging and dropping images, so few questions:
1) Is it possible to export images with different sizes to different folders? Maybe with Apple Script?
2) If we Export using this menu item
we have the image 30-50% bigger in weight (in kb), comparing to Export for web 100% quality
What is the difference?
3) After we click "Export for web" shortcut letter "K"
is it possible to have already activated Export Preset we created, now we have default one size option
Preset is not actiivated!

Can you help?
Sincerely,
Igor

2021-05-25 11:00:30

One more question about Keybord Shortcut for created Export Preset - how to do it?
Shortcuts can only be created for the tools and features available from the top menu.
You created short tutorial about Export possibilities - https://www.pixelmator.com/tutorials/ov ... t-for-web/, but didn't mention how to Export images inside Pixelmator Pro!!!
That Export for Web introductory video is from Pixelmator Pro v1 so it's a bit dated now (we haven't had the chance to update it yet). For more up-to-date Export for Web instructions, you can check out this Pixelmator Pro Help section here. Or see Export an image to a different file format to learn more about exporting from Pixelmator Pro in general.
Is it possible to export images with different sizes to different folders? Maybe with Apple Script?
In the Export for Web options, you can click to add as many formats as you want. Each created format will create a different version of your image with your selected settings. You can't, however, split images into different folders when exporting a single batch. I think this should definitely be possible using Apple Script, though, I haven't yet tried it myself.

If we Export using this menu item
<...>
we have the image 30-50% bigger in weight (in kb), comparing to Export for web 100% quality.
Images exported via Export for Web are optimized for the web, i.e. made as lightweight as possible, to open as quickly as possible. In part, that's made possible by deleting the original image metadata. The regular Export command keeps the metadata, so the files generally end up larger than the optimized ones.
Is it possible to have already activated Export Preset we created, now we have default one size option.
Pixelmator Pro doesn't remember the last used export preset at the moment, but the functionality has been requested before and we do have it in mind.

2021-05-26 11:09:45

OK, I will experiment further!

2021-05-27 10:45:34

by Igor OK, I will experiment further!
Good luck! Hope you can get everything set up to your liking. :)