Bug with shortcuts created for the Pixelmator Pro menu items

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2021-05-19 12:50:45

Hi team,
It seems we have found the little bug with shortcuts.
Whe we use Pixelmator Pro menu items the behave one way, but when we use shortcuts created for the same menu items, we got different result.
Please see few screenshots. Look at the copyright note

Default image

Menu item clicked to change image horizontal orientation

And here is the result when we use shortcuts like this

and get the result

AS YOU CAN SEE copyright watermark note now on the left side of the image

We had the same bug changing vertical orientation, and using color

Shortcuts not working the right way.

Can you help to solve these problems?

Regards,
Igor

2021-05-20 10:22:19

Hey Igor. There are two ways to flip objects in Pixelmator Pro — one affects only the selected layers (available from the Arrange menu) and the other (from the Image menu) flips the entire image. Since both use the same Flip Horizontally/Flip Vertically command, you'd want to create a shortcut using a full menu path notation (in this case Arrange > Flip Horizontally).

Hope that helps!

2021-05-20 12:01:01

Hi Aurelija,

It seems in English App version the last two menu items are enough, Flip Horizontally & Flip Vertically, menu path Arrange can be missed.

I recreated shortcuts

Everything is working now!
:smiley:

Thanks for the explanation. Lately I will create new shorcut for Style > Color Fill feature, maybe bug will be gone. Now we created preset (black color) and shortcut for it, but everytime we use shortcut, default blue color is activated, even we deleted one from the preset pallete

We will run few more tests.
Igor

2021-05-25 11:43:35

It seems in English App version the last two menu items are enough, Flip Horizontally & Flip Vertically, menu path Arrange can be missed.
In theory, it should have worked with Russian localization, too (with the full menu path), but I'm glad to hear this method does the trick as well. :)