Where is my "Revert to > Browse All Versions"

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2021-03-30 01:10:33

I am trying to use the revert feature and all I see is "Revert to Saved" and not an option to browse all versions. Was that feature removed? Is this a bug? It is a macOS feature, so I am wondering why it won't show up.

Please advise.

2021-03-31 12:02:25

Is there any chance you have the "Import JPEG, PNG, and TIFF images" option turned off in the Pixelmator Pro preferences?

2021-03-31 15:18:59

by Aurelija 2021-03-31 16:02:25 Is there any chance you have the "Import JPEG, PNG, and TIFF images" option turned off in the Pixelmator Pro preferences?
Yes, I do have the option to disable importing enabled. I do not like Pixelmator automatically duplicating my files. However, sometimes I do want to save in .pxd file format. When editing .pxd files, the version history option is still unavailable.

So does disabling automatic importing also disable version history even when editing a .pxd file?

If so, I’d like to request that version history always works as long as you’re editing a .pxd file regardless of import settings.

2021-04-02 08:54:47

Turning off import turns off macOS Versions and Auto Save. There isn't currently a way to separate the two — for versioning to work, you need both. So this feature works globally, both with PXD and regular image files. Not an ideal workflow, but if you typically work with photos and only occasionally need to save PXDs with versions, you could try dividing your work between the Pixelmator Pro Photos extension (to edit images directly) and the standalone app (to work with PXD documents).