New Making-Date on Photo after Export - original making of date is lost

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2020-01-22 21:43:42

Every time i work on my Photos, after the export to jpg, Pixelmator changes the original Date of the Photo to the current and iPhoto cannot classify them to the original date. The Date after the export is always the current date.

2020-01-23 17:28:34

Hi there, I wasn't able to reproduce this — I tried a few different methods and, each time, both the Date Time Originalfield in Exif properties and the Date Time field in TIFF properties was preserved correctly. Could you let me know a little more about your workflow, how and where you're opening the images, what format they're in, and how you're exporting them to Photos? Also, is it Photos you're using? I see you mentioned iPhoto, but I'm guessing that's not quite right. :blush:

2020-01-23 18:52:50

Thank you for your help.
I open my jpg image with right mouse click an choose "open with Pixelmator" - then i make different things, in most cases i use "ml enhance". after that i press the icon in the right corner, where i can choose the way i want to export the image. i choose fast export with 80% or 100% - then i choose the place, in most cases the desktop and after this, when i press info on the image, the date of image captured is exact the time i exported the image, also the date of image changed ist the same date and time.

i made this photo 2015 - now i have the problem, that iPhoto sorted the picture not correct.

2020-01-24 09:32:52

Thanks for the additional info! When you use the Quick Export feature, that's actually part of Export for Web, which automatically removes all metadata. In this case, you should be using File > Export, which preserves metadata.

In addition, the Show Info window will always show the date the file was created, but the metadata (which is what photo management software should look at) would be different. You can check the metadata by opening the image in Preview and pressing the Command-I keyboard shortcut, then opening the More Info tab (the second one) and viewing the Exif and TIFF tabs. Here's a screenshot of that:

2020-01-24 19:23:55

Perfect, thank you very much!!

2021-08-27 12:45:31

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem. When I web export, or file / export, in both cases the metadata / EXIF changes the date to the time of now...
Any idea what I could be doing wrong?

I'm looking forward to your answer, because this problem drives me crazy :p.

2021-08-30 12:01:16

by Shamankirua 2021-08-27 09:45:31 Hello,

I have exactly the same problem. When I web export, or file / export, in both cases the metadata / EXIF changes the date to the time of now...
Any idea what I could be doing wrong?

I'm looking forward to your answer, because this problem drives me crazy :p.
Hey! A couple of questions. Are you working with images from Photos or somewhere else on your Mac? And how do you typically open new images in Pixelmator Pro?

2022-12-25 20:43:52

I've got the exact same problem with Pixelmator Pro 3.2.3 on my Mac with MacOS 13.1.

Very annoying, every export (export for web as the normal export) comes with a new making-date.

I am pretty sure, that this issue occures since the upgrade to Pixelmator Pro 3.2.3. Before that version the making date was untouched.