Pixelmator Pro 1.3.4 keeps crashing on Mac Mini 2018 on Mojave 10.14.5

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2019-05-23 06:39:58

I am editing a fairly large photo collage (15360 x 5120 pixels) and basically every 5 minutes the MacMini seems to freeze and the only resort is a hard reset.

I can still remotely log in but any attempts to kill or kill -9 the Pixelmator process fail. I tried replugging the monitor - no good.

The MacMini has 32GB of RAM and an Intel Core i7 with 3.2GHz and ample (500GB) disk space left.

Any ideas what could be causing this ?

Thanks,
Patrick

2019-05-23 10:13:21

I know have a 249MB pixelmator pro file with a collage I worked on for 8 hours and when I open it it lasts for 3 seconds then crashes. cannot export. can't do anything.

2019-05-23 10:25:03

That's a very large image, I must say — when you reach that size and add lots of layers, it's possible to bump into issues like this from time to time and performance depends not just on RAM and HD space, but also on the graphics processor. Would you be able to share that file with us at support@pixelmator.com? We'll take a look and see if we can open/optimize it in some way.

In any case, we'll be working to improve performance in the future, so even with images of this size, the app shouldn't stop responding.