Eraser suddenly not working with any brush, problem persists in a single file

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2018-12-07 09:23:58

Hi, first of all, Pixelmator Pro is a great software and I want to thank you for your hard work.

I came across a small problem tough. Pretty sure it's a bug (or I'm just stupid :stuck_out_tongue: )
The eraser stopped working, and I can't figure out why.
Here is the file where the problem occurs, maybe it's the same for you: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ou5zy5554c2d ... 6Ekqa?dl=0
Using the eraser in any other pxd-file works with no problems.
But whenever I try it in this file it's impossible to erase anything. I don't know how your .pxds work but I guess the files data got somehow messed up? :flushed:

Thanks for your support.

2018-12-07 11:14:33

Hey there, I tried the file and was able to erase without issues, so it may be a settings problem — could you email us about this at support@pixelmator.com? We'll take a closer look at this.

2020-05-10 14:35:35

I have the same problem. Will try closing and opening file

2020-05-11 14:04:09

Is it in just one file? Usually what happens with issues like this is the eraser is set to 0% opacity (or some other really low value) so first of all, I'd check whether the Opacity is at (or close to) 100% in the Tool Options pane.

Hope that helps!

2020-06-22 15:53:45

Hi Andrius. (Thanks for the help a couple weeks ago on rastor/pixel conversion.)

Hey, I've just developed the same issue as above; the eraser won't erase. I've been working on the picture and using the eraser on it periodically up to this point, no problem. Then last night, nothing. Opacity is set at 100%, etc.
One interesting note, which may or may not be helpful: after I try to erase and nothing happens, I then go back to edit>undo and the Erase activity IS logged in there to be undone. So the system is remembering that I "did" an erase activity, even though there's nothing changing on the screen. (As I say, may be a red herring in diagnosing, but I thought I'd mention it.)

Erase still works on other pictures/files, just not this one.

Thoughts?

2020-06-23 03:32:05

I've noticed this problem often - usually when there is a small selection area that prohibits erasing (Or cloning) in some none selected area. And sometimes when a dialog must be responded to somewhere out of sight. I've seen the opacity problem too.

2020-06-23 15:41:01

Good shout re. the active selection! If that doesn't help, a screen recording is always super useful for diagnosing these issues as it can help spot certain things that won't quickly come to mind (or they can also be great at hinting at the existence of a bug).

2020-06-24 00:02:58

I do appear to be on the active layer. (Made that mistake before, myself ;-)
Here's a screen video. See what you can make of it. Again, probably operator error.
Thanks.

2020-06-24 08:45:15

Wonderful, thanks for the video! I can see the issue is indeed that you have an active selection somewhere (as indicated by the selection tools having that grey highlight background). If you choose Edit > Deselect All (from the Edit menu at the top of your screen) or press the Command-D keyboard shortcut, everything should start working again.

2020-06-24 14:41:05

Again, bingo.
Thanks Andrius. I'm sure we'll cross paths again.

2020-06-25 13:04:41

And I'll be more than happy to help! :pray:

2022-09-05 10:45:04

I had the same , exported the file as png , re-opened and the eraser worked