Finder opens when dragging a picture-file onto the dock icon

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2018-10-03 08:18:00

Using Pixelmator Pro v. 1.1.4.
When I drag a picture from the finder unto the Pixelmator Pro icon in the dock, the picture opens in Pixelmator Pro obviously. But just before it opens, a finder window appears jus like when I hit File - Open. This is rather annoying because I don't want to open a file from the finder because I already opened my file by dragging it to the dock icon.
Is this a bug or a setting I can adjust.

Thank you
Meh

2018-10-15 16:40:18

Hi meh. Could you check if you have the same issue with the latest version of Pixelmator Pro? Version 1.1.5? Thanks!

2018-10-15 20:25:00

Yes, 1.1.5 has the same issue.

2018-10-16 08:34:55

Hey there, if you haven't done so already, could you email us at support@pixelmator.com about this?

Thanks!

2018-10-16 12:05:05

Mail has been send just now.

One other thing: the finder window as described above opens a folder (let’s call it folder A) that I last saved a file to.
When I open a new file by dragging it onto the Pixelmator icon and I save that file to another folder (let’s call it folder B) and I open a new file again by dragging it onto the Pixelmator Pro icon which I want to save by clicking file export, I expect Pixelmator to open folder B because that’s the last folder I saved the previous file to. Unfortunately Pixelmator opens folder A.

2018-11-01 18:13:07

Just thought I'd chime in and say that this happens to me most of the time as well. Mac version here 1.2.1 Quicksilver.

2018-11-05 11:58:54

This is a known bug and not one that we've figured out how to fix, unfortunately. However, we're working on it, so hopefully, it won't be too long before a fix is available.