Photoshop brushes

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2018-09-18 22:37:02

I searched this forum and saw a few treads last year about importing Photoshop brushes into Pixelmator Pro....or let's say, not being able to import those brushes.
Pixelmator Pro advertised this ability and it's still in the Help menu.
Why the delay? This seems a reasonable request since you said the ability is there in the software. I own Pixelmator for quit a long time now and believed in and supported it by buying it and now Pixelmator Pro. There is a lot of compition out there (up and coming) that do have the ability to do this task. It seems you should fix this to support what you advertised and support your customers.

2018-09-19 14:54:49

Ah, that should have been removed and somehow slipped through. :disappointed: We were planning to have this for the initial 1.0 release, but the feature got delayed and pushed back a little further. It's gone from the Help menu now, though — apologies for the confusion. However, I think we'll be able to add ABR support in one of the updates after the major 1.2 release that we're finishing up just now, so I hope you won't have to wait too much longer.

P.S. We're also working on some painting speed and performance improvements, so that's another thing to look forward to. :raised_hands:

2018-09-19 15:54:41

Thank you for your quick reply. I look forward to seeing the improvemets. I think Pixelmator Pro has to start coming on a little stonger in the artistic area. It's what sales a lot of Photoshop subscriptions and could bring you more customers.

2018-09-20 09:25:46

We're looking forward to shipping those improvements! We really can't wait to make Pixelmator Pro better and better. :grinning:

2018-10-01 21:15:54

This suppose to be a bug or so it was reported and then radio silence , i have seen a commercial application on the app-store selling brushes i hope this is not the reason why it has not been fix or added to it, version 1.2 came and went we are on 1.4 and still no ABR support

My decision to buy PM was base on the fact that i could import my Brushes, A year later and there is still no support
i have to still use adobe CC cause i can't fully convert to PM that's ridiculous. :rage:

2018-10-16 08:37:23

by louism74 2018-10-01 21:15:54 This suppose to be a bug or so it was reported and then radio silence , i have seen a commercial application on the app-store selling brushes i hope this is not the reason why it has not been fix or added to it, version 1.2 came and went we are on 1.4 and still no ABR support

My decision to buy PM was base on the fact that i could import my Brushes, A year later and there is still no support
i have to still use adobe CC cause i can't fully convert to PM that's ridiculous. :rage:
Pixelmator Pro was coded completely from scratch and we didn't want to rush features like this just to get them out in time, even if they weren't ready. I get how it's frustrating that the feature isn't there yet, but it's very much on the roadmap. In fact, it's lined up for this autumn, so should be available sometime in winter.

2021-05-18 20:25:17

Any update on this?

2021-05-19 14:35:05

by Angelo D'Souza Any update on this?
Hey Angelo. The support for ABR brushes has been added in Pixelmator Pro version 1.2.3, so if you've been holding out for this feature — it's definitely there already. :) Besides, Pixelmator Pro is on sale right now, so there's rarely a better time to get it!