Feedback on painting tools

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2022-04-28 06:28:19

Brush size marking function
The brush tool can add and delete markers like the gradient tool, and the slider has the function of adsorption when moving near the marker. In this way, it is very convenient to switch several fixed brush sizes at a time

Integrated color picker
When switching colors frequently, the steps of opening and closing the floating window of the current color picker will be slightly cumbersome. Although the system color picker panel can be accessed, the system color picker experience is too poor. I hope it can be integrated into the painting tool, and provide the option of operating foreground and background colors separately.

2022-04-30 06:54:15

Setting markers on the brush size and expanding the color selector would be a great update!

I would also like to see the painting tools brought to parity with apps like Krita, Paintstorm Studio, and Artstudio Pro, which have excellent wet paint / pigment mixing brush options and offers advanced parameters for texturing brushes and all kinds of dynamics.

2022-04-30 07:07:38

For brush size adsorption, I found that procreate has a perfect solution for reference. We can use shortcut keys and click to achieve it

2022-05-01 03:14:10

The color picker and other options can be turned on and off through "Customize" like the color adjustment tool, Forget to attach the brush adsorption diagram of procreate

2022-05-02 14:42:27

Hi there! These features do sound pretty neat. I've noted them down and we'll keep them in mind the next time we revisit the Paint tool.