Transform Effect

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2022-01-24 05:53:01

Dear devs,

Do you have plans to add a bit more robust Transform Effect? The only one we have at the moment is Perspective Transform which is better than nothing but... not enough.

I'm a switcher but it doesn't matter. Love concept of Pixelmator which is much more convenient for me.

My recent task was to reproduce some texts on pictures. Some original texts were scaled vertically which is not an issue in Photoshop but could be a problem in Pixelmator. All I found is to convert my texts to pixels before transform exactly as needed. Not even convert to shapes because there were incorrect overlappings of curves. This solved a problem but not in easy way because I need my texts to be always editable — this is very required.

Perspective Transform could potentially solve the problem but it's not precise enough. All I need for example is to scale my text 110% in one axis but in case of Perspective Transform there are only four points to manipulate. Ability to move points simultaneously could have help but I didn't find a method to do this. So please add another Transform Effect or extend functionality to existing Perspective Transform.

2022-01-24 11:56:05

Hi.
Not sure what you mean by "Only Perspective Transform". Transform has 4 versatile options right now: Resize, Skew, Distort and Perspective. What you´re actually missing?
I´d like to have the ability for more organic distortion or wrapping like this best in vector mode:
Image Image
What do you think?

2022-01-24 18:27:21

EllenM,

After you apply any Transform (⌘+T) to your text it would be converted to curves automatically.
In my particular case fonts converted incorrectly (with overlapping) but this is only part of the problem.
I need text to be always editable. It's very important. Of course I can solve this with workaround like do 8 versions of text (which I really need), Convert them to pixels and Transform them all as needed. But I thought it would be great to have non-destructive Transform Effect instead.

2022-01-26 10:11:18

As we plan to improve the template and mockup experience in Pixelmator Pro moving forward, Mesh Transform and nondestructive Free Transform tools make sense in that context. Without promising too much, I'd say both tools are potential future additions.

2023-11-13 12:50:03

More deformation and transformation options on images as well are definitely needed to be able to switch to Pixelmator. Krita has the best implementation in my opinion for those features. Mesh is very useful. https://docs.krita.org/en/reference_man ... sform.html
It is free and open source so I use it as a workaround until those are implemented in Pixelmator.