Question for the artists... comics?

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2021-11-23 20:43:56

I'm really curious if anyone has tried using Pixelmator for making comics. And if so, what's your process for going about doing it and have you had much success?
I know most artist usually use CSP for that sort of thing (or even Photoshop) but I thought I'd try Pixelmator Pro to see what can be done with it.
Pixelmator Pro strikes me as more of a photo-art program and I don't know of too many artists that paint or draw with it, so I'm really curious.
Thanks.

2021-11-24 14:44:58

Sure, I'd say definitely give Pixelmator Pro a go! There's a free trial you can download right here. I'm not an illustrator myself but we occasionally collaborate with professional artists that have created some really cool things with the app so it's really a tool you can use for work like this! You can check out our Instagram to see some of their works.

2021-11-24 19:06:45

Oh I already have Pixelmator Pro. I've had the original Pixelmator for years. I just wanted because I think there are loads of possibilities with this program for artists, and I'd love to see Pixelmator do more with it. Pixelmator has the potential the be real competition for Photoshop & CSP. So I just wondered if any artists have used it for digital comics, cartooning, etc...
I went to Instagram and followed. :) Cheers!

2021-11-25 13:19:19

Got it! Perhaps someone with more hands-on experience in comic drawing will chime in on this. :)