Request the Type tool font list to provide a summary column similar to the brush list

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2021-11-11 08:55:41

If there are too many fonts, the existing list scheme is troublesome to find. Although the keyboard supports the first letter to quickly locate, but this method is not suitable for non-English fonts. Request a summary column similar to the brush list. Image Image

2021-11-11 14:35:01

Thanks for the suggestion, nioone. Definitely an interesting idea to explore!

2021-11-12 07:48:52

by Aurelija Thanks for the suggestion, nioone. Definitely an interesting idea to explore!
Thank you for your reply, thank you very much for the efforts of the pixelmator team!
Yes. I believe many people are plagued by this problem. For example, if I need to classify according to types such as copyright and language, the current font list will not be able to do it. The current font list Pixelmator Pro follows Apple's design specifications, the same as Apple Pages style. However, since the brush list and the effect list have adopted new beautiful, concise and practical styles, I think the font list can also adopt the new style. In this way, it is not only able to achieve a unified style but also convenient to find and organize.

2021-11-12 14:53:20

That's some valid insights. You could technically use the macOS Fonts browser in Pixelmator Pro (Format > Fonts > Show Fonts) which does pretty much what you describe but I like the idea of a custom fonts browser, too. It's probably not our highest priority right now but a nice-to-have feature for sure. :ok_hand:

2021-11-13 09:29:27

I think that is a very good idea.

2021-11-14 15:05:55

by Aurelija 2021-11-12 06:53:20 That's some valid insights. You could technically use the macOS Fonts browser in Pixelmator Pro (Format > Fonts > Show Fonts) which does pretty much what you describe but I like the idea of a custom fonts browser, too. It's probably not our highest priority right now but a nice-to-have feature for sure. :ok_hand:
So helpful :pray:

2021-11-15 08:47:15

by nioone So helpful :pray:
I'm glad you found it that way! :pray: