Merge Down?

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2021-07-17 13:44:53

Perhaps there's a way I don't know to do this, but I often create a new layer, draw a feature, and would like to merge it into the layer below it. (It saves erasing for my comic, I just fill an item, then merge it down)

With PhotoShop, there is a key combo for "merge down", but with Pixelmator Pro, it seems I have to select the layers and then a keystroke will merge them. That requires me to go over to the list of layers, hold down shift or command, select both, and THEN I can merge.

Is there a keystroke (or could one be added?) that just quickly merges with the layer below the current layer?

2021-07-21 10:48:36

Hi. There isn't a way to do this in Pixelmator Pro right now but I can see how an option like this would be useful. I'll share your suggestion with the team!

2021-11-24 01:25:36

Going to signal boost this. Merging individual layers in Pixelmator Pro is quite clumsy the way it's done currently. Would also be great to add a context menu for it from the layers pane ("right click", then "Merge up" or "Merge down").

2021-11-24 14:14:54

by Will Smith 2021-11-23 23:25:36 Going to signal boost this. Merging individual layers in Pixelmator Pro is quite clumsy the way it's done currently. Would also be great to add a context menu for it from the layers pane ("right click", then "Merge up" or "Merge down").
Thanks, I've pinged the devs! I can potentially see this feature on our next year's roadmap but we'll see what the rest of the team thinks. :)