Pixelmator Pro and Pixelmator Photo nondestructive adjustment syncs

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2021-05-13 22:51:40

As of now, I can't edit a raw with the Pixelmator Pro editing extension, save that edit back to Apple Photos and move onto my iPad and continue the edit on Pixelmator Photo. To elaborate, if I increase exposure to 25 on the Pro editing extension and save it, the raw will sync and appear brighter on my iPad. But if I open that raw in Pixelmator Photo (raw still appearing brighter than original), the exposure is set to 0 instead of 25.

I hope my explanation made sense. I'm coming from Darkroom which also has a nondestructive editing workflow that revolves around Apple Photos. However, the adjustments sync across both their iPadOS and macOS apps.

I would love for Pro and Pixelmator Photo to be able to support each other as I sometimes like to edit on location but can't bring my laptop. Bringing my iPad is much more viable. I've already purchased both Pro and Photo because I want to support the awesome work you're doing, but without this feature, I'll probably have to switch back to Darkroom.

2021-05-14 09:41:57

Hi Giahuy. It makes perfect sense! In fact, we're seriously considering this ourselves and would really love to make the color adjustments (and Crop, maybe?) cross-compatible in Pixelmator Pro and Pixelmator Photo one day. While I can't really give any timeframes yet, I think it's safe to say the feature is on our to-do list.

2021-05-14 21:17:34

by Aurelija 2021-05-14 16:41:57 Hi Giahuy. It makes perfect sense! In fact, we're seriously considering this ourselves and would really love to make the color adjustments (and Crop, maybe?) cross-compatible in Pixelmator Pro and Pixelmator Photo one day. While I can't really give any timeframes yet, I think it's safe to say the feature is on our to-do list.
I've read other feature requests and I've seen some responses about far-off plans to bring Pixelmator Photo to macOS. I'm assuming that would mean adjustments made on Pixelmator Photo on iPad would be cross compatible with the planned Pixelmator Photo on macOS?

That'd be great, and something I will be looking forward to, no matter how far off it is.

Darkroom already supports this, but the Darkroom app on macOS is a slow and unresponsive mess (hence my interest in Pixelmator)

2021-05-18 09:52:09

I'm assuming that would mean adjustments made on Pixelmator Photo on iPad would be cross compatible with the planned Pixelmator Photo on macOS?
There's a good chance of this happening. We'll have to wait and see how everything goes. :fingers_crossed: