Pressure sensitivity for line thickness

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2021-04-14 14:32:36

I noticed today that Pixelmator Pro doesn't seem to have any way to use pressure sensitivity for line thickness (at least with the basic brushes). There is sensitivity for the softness tho, and no way to toggle that on/off.

Pixelmator Pro needs an update that would focus on improving drawing capabilities, stabilizers for drawing clean art could be a decent addon too.

2021-04-14 15:37:22

Hey,

I think this is what you're looking for - select a brush, click Edit (to the right of brush's name), open the dropdown list, select Pressure, and then tweak "Size by Pressure" and "Opacity by Pressure" to your liking.

2021-04-16 05:12:25

by Vladstudio 2021-04-14 12:37:22 Hey,

I think this is what you're looking for - select a brush, click Edit (to the right of brush's name), open the dropdown list, select Pressure, and then tweak "Size by Pressure" and "Opacity by Pressure" to your liking.
Thanks, but they still seem a bit too difficult to access quickly. I think Pixelmator should have those adjustments in the same place as softness and thickness settings.

2021-04-16 14:03:09

Interesting suggestion. Perhaps a customizable Tool Options pane with settings you can turn on or off would help here. We'll have to think about something like this. As for the stroke smoothing, we have a few things in development that should cover that. Can't reveal too much at the moment, though. :)