Pixelmator Pro keyboard shortcut for switching between tabs

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2021-03-10 23:31:45

Hi folks... My apologies if I'm posting a similar request (I have searched and can't seem to find what I'm looking for), but I have a couple of

1: Is there now or could there be in the future a keyboard shortcut such as CMD +"arrow keys" to quickly tab through open tabs in the app?

I dabble in 8mm film restoration for clients (splice clean up / scratches etc) and import image sequences into the app. It would be really handy to be able to key through the tabs to see how the sequence of images are comparing.

2: Would out be possible to do a batch export/save and batch close for those tabs. This would be a great time save rather than doing them individually.

Thank you and yes, I REALLY like this app.

Cheers!

2021-03-11 20:23:14

Is there now or could there be in the future a keyboard shortcut such as CMD +"arrow keys" to quickly tab through open tabs in the app?
Ctrl-Tab, works in every macOS app which supports tabs.

2021-03-12 00:00:53

Hi Tudor_V... That works!!! Awesome. Thank you.

2021-03-15 11:02:41

Hey there! I can see Tudor_V has got you covered on the first question, I'll do my best to help out with the second one.
2: Would out be possible to do a batch export/save and batch close for those tabs. This would be a great time save rather than doing them individually.
If you're familiar with scripting, you can whip up a dedicated AppleScript workflow and run it whenever you need to save and/or export multiple images at a time. You can see this thread here to learn how to make the script easily accessible from the main menu bar at the top of the screen.

I'm not sure if there are any specific export settings you're looking for (like the file format, level of compression, etc.) but you can use the script below as a base and tweak it to fit your needs. The following script exports each document as a JPEG image, keeping the original document name, and closes the document without saving the changes:
tell application "Pixelmator Pro"
	activate
	repeat with a from 1 to number of documents
		export the front document to file ((path to desktop as text) & name of the front document & ".jpg") as JPEG with properties {compression factor:100}
		close the front document without saving
	end repeat
end tell
Hope that helps!

2021-03-15 16:31:09

Thank you, Aurelija. I am not familiar with scripting... But I will give it a shot. Thank you for providing the key info.

Cheers!

James

2021-03-17 11:50:59

by JamesM669 2021-03-15 14:31:09 Thank you, Aurelija. I am not familiar with scripting... But I will give it a shot. Thank you for providing the key info.

Cheers!

James
:raised_hands: