Shape builder tool

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2021-01-27 14:09:15

I couldn't find the courage to read all the threads, so maybe it has already been posted. I would like to find a shape builder tool, like in Illustrator ... But maybe it's already in Pixelmator Pro and I havent seen it ! ;-)

2021-01-27 16:51:10

There's a shape builder tool that works by clicking, the Pen tool (shortcut P), and a free hand shape builder tool, the Freeform Pen.

Once you've created the form, you can edit it via double-clicking it with the Arrange tool (shortcut V), or still in the Pen tool by Command-click. You can then add and delete points, smooth them, divide shapes, adjust the curvature…

You can edit the shape appearance via the Style (shortcut S), Pen or Freeform Pen tools, be it filling, stroke, external or internal shadow…

Also, back in the Arrange tool, you can select two or more shapes by Shift+clicking the layers they're in and then combine them (Add, Subtract, Intersect, Exclude). This can also be done, no matter the tool selected, by Shift-clicking the shapes in the Layers panel and then right-clicking one of them. As a result, Pixelmator Pro creates a folder-effect with the selected layers, so you'll still have the originals to edit if so you wish. You can also select those folders to create new combinations.

Hope this is what you were looking for! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: