Make presets more useful

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2021-01-25 11:11:33

Presently I find the presets in the color adjustment-mode rather un-useful. First of all, they are too small to discover what they are actually doing.
Secondly, they variances within a sub-category just show numbers in stead of useful indications, and again it is hard to discover what the effect will be. You need to apply the preset before you can actually see what the effect is. If you decide otherwise, you need to "hit and shoot" for the next effect.
Doing this a couple of times, you need to undo all the steps again, as there seems no way go getting back with one click to the state of the picture without effects.

So is it possible:
a. To make the thumbnails much larger so one can get a real impression of the effect on the picture.
b. Secondly, even better, to have a realtime view in the picture that's in the edit mode. (like with the other adjustments).
c. Have a "neutral" version of the effects, so you can go back with one-click

2021-01-28 11:40:46

Not sure if this is what you had in mind in point "c" but there's a Reset button at the bottom of the tool options pane if you're looking to reset all the color adjustments applied.

Other than that, great feedback. Live preset previews are definitely worth considering.

2021-01-28 12:27:41

@Aurelija,
Thanks for your feedback
No that’s is not what I ment. If I use that option, all of my edits are gone, I juist want the preset to be eliminated not my other edits. :wink:
In the meantime I discovered that applying a preset, overrides all my other adjustments. Would-be nice, if that did not happen.
Do I understand it correctly that the presets are like LUTS, so just a combinaties of Colorado-adjustments ?
Thans again.

2021-02-05 09:45:20

So you'd essentially like the adjustments to return to the previously applied settings after you deselect a preset. Got it! As for the presets themselves, they are, indeed, combinations of color adjustments available in Pixelmator Pro.

2021-02-05 11:47:04

Thanks for the heads-up.
Ha, and long live the autocorrect which turns color into Colorado ( in my previous post) :blush: