Make format parameters in Export For Web visible by default, instead of hiding them.

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2021-01-16 01:18:51

Whenever I select Export For Web on a new image, the format parameters (e.g., for JPG, "Quality", "Convert to sRGB", and "Suffix") are hidden by default, yet these are things I need to fiddle with every time. So every time I go to export an image, I have to twiddle down the disclosure indicator.

It's not like the Export For Web control panel is overly crowded, and you need to save space. Why are these useful parameters hidden by default? Why not make them visible by default? If one needs the space (if one has added several different export formats) one can always twiddle a format closed — but even then, when a new format is added, it probably needs its parameters set, for which it needs to have those parameters visible.

It's a small annoyance, true, but so unnecessary. It's one of those things that keeps me using Pixelmator Classic instead of Pro; Pixelmator Classic is just faster and easier to use, with fewer wasted motions.

2021-01-19 15:18:03

Thanks for the feedback. Good point! And the team seems to agree with you as well. We'll see how we can improve this in future updates!

2021-01-25 23:45:30

by adamwilt 2021-01-16 01:18:51 Whenever I select Export For Web on a new image, the format parameters (e.g., for JPG, "Quality", "Convert to sRGB", and "Suffix") are hidden by default, yet these are things I need to fiddle with every time. So every time I go to export an image, I have to twiddle down the disclosure indicator.

It's not like the Export For Web control panel is overly crowded, and you need to save space. Why are these useful parameters hidden by default? Why not make them visible by default? If one needs the space (if one has added several different export formats) one can always twiddle a format closed — but even then, when a new format is added, it probably needs its parameters set, for which it needs to have those parameters visible.

It's a small annoyance, true, but so unnecessary. It's one of those things that keeps me using Pixelmator Classic instead of Pro; Pixelmator Classic is just faster and easier to use, with fewer wasted motions.
i

I agree with you, I was wondering the same it just hasn’t bother me... but you are right