Need ability to rotate selections freehand

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2020-12-24 14:41:33

I often need to rotate selections I've copied and pasted, and I'm frequently frustrated by lack of ability to do so. When I go to the corner of the image, I get only the straight double ended arrow to resize. What I want is the curved double ended arrow cursor at the corner of the image to enable it to be rotated freehand.

I know I can rotate in the sidebar with the crop tool, but this is usually hard to manipulate in a way that is precise enough.

Is there something (a setting?) I'm missing? If not, I would like to request this feature: to have any selection with a rotation handle available at all times. Photoshop Elements that I used previously does have this capability.

Thanks!

2020-12-24 15:00:28

Sounds like you need to use the *Transform* tool.

2020-12-24 21:14:08

Yes, thank you. I see that works. I guess what I'm wanting to do is have capability to rotate with the handle in the "Arrange" section without having to go that extra step.

My procedure is: make selection, command-c to copy, command-v to paste, V to get into the arrange tool so I can position the paste where I want it—and the rotate handle isn't there.

2021-01-05 09:37:44

Hey there, you can rotate layers using the Arrange tool by pressing and holding the Command key, then dragging one of the handles.

Hope that helps!