Scripting Language

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2020-09-16 15:26:34

Although some basic tools are available to Automator for finder automations.... I really would love to see a builtin script automation that offers adjustable actions (slider %) so for example a bath of photos can be sharpened 10%, contrast increased 13%, Noise reduction 19% etc...
And like PS, have these actions become droplets/modules that can be used directly through drag 'n drop in the finder or added to an Automator workflow for more precise automations. The ML additions are amazing, but having an adjustment control for them would be helpful as ML Noise Reduction is heavy handed at best, and ML Enhance overly brightens a dark exposed shot (that was the desired effect). I can see in the future a perfected droplet on my desktop that could tag a raw file, apply changes, convert format and copy the new file to an organized folder structure with one drag and drop.
But speed and ease of use even on my 3 year old quad core i5 iMac is nothing short of astounding. As a fan since day one with the original Pixelmator app, it just keeps getting better and better.

2020-09-18 13:07:20

Hey Christopher, we've just added AppleScript to Pixelmator Pro and I think you should be able to use it to do what you're looking for. Here's a little more info about it:

https://www.pixelmator.com/blog/2020/09 ... t-support/

If there's a specific workflow that you'd like to script, feel free to share the steps for it, and I'll do my best to whip up an example script for it!