Pen tool additional features

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2020-04-19 21:30:58

Can we have additional features as is available in Affinity Designer, there it is so easy to edit sharp corners in different shapes, like rounded inside outside etc...This will make Pixelmator Pro more competitive in the vector arena...

2020-04-20 14:00:50

As I noted in the other thread, we'll keep this in mind for sure, though we might start with more fundamental vector features (i.e. improvements to path drawing and editing) before something like this.

2020-04-20 14:05:08

Not asking for much, the Affinity Corner tools is what I was referring to...

2020-04-20 14:21:35

That might have come across a little dismissive, sorry — I totally get it, on its own, this probably isn't all that difficult in terms of development (the dev team may correct me on this, of course) but part of the art of app development (if I may call it that :smiley:) is finding a logical place for new features and having a general wider plan for them. So while we could jump to add this, it needs to have a proper place in the wider context of the app and its tools, both in terms of the UI and in terms of actual programming/development. I'm probably not explaining this all that well well, but I just wanted to provide some context as to why certain requests take longer than others and why we might not start with a feature like this even if it might be planned for the future. Of course, I could just say "thanks for the request, we'll keep it mind" but I try to provide more context when I can. :pray:

2020-04-20 20:58:04

Thanks...