two things: set zero at image center, reset item rotation to zero.

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2020-04-18 20:53:15

I have been working a lot with ellipses and placing items at the periphery. First it would be nice to permit moving the document zero location to the center of the image. I know that may present problems with cropping and resizing the image. But in preferences make it switchable from upper left (original) to image center and vice versa during the life of a project. Then if you have set the center method, and in the event of image size change, you could switch back to original and work normally and switching to center again would switch to the new center.

By the same token it would be nice to permit resetting an items rotation to zero - not setting it back to zero - but telling the object that the current rotation, whatever it is, is now zero rotation. Sometimes I want to create something, or a group of somethings, that needs to be rotated to get the proper orientation, and I want to reset everything to zero rotation. Does that make sense?

Years ago I used Canvas on my (old) Mac and you could modify the rulers as I've described, which modified both the rulers and the gridding accordingly, but somebody (Deneba) bought the app and they went PC and ruined it. BTW, Canvas also had text on a path that was easy to assign shapes as a path. Must be getting close now!

2020-04-20 14:37:35

by mccoytest 2020-04-18 20:53:15 I have been working a lot with ellipses and placing items at the periphery. First it would be nice to permit moving the document zero location to the center of the image. I know that may present problems with cropping and resizing the image. But in preferences make it switchable from upper left (original) to image center and vice versa during the life of a project. Then if you have set the center method, and in the event of image size change, you could switch back to original and work normally and switching to center again would switch to the new center.
Yeah, just to double-check, are you looking for something similar to what Keynote has, the "Place origin at center of ruler" option? If so, that's something we can consider for sure.
by mccoytest 2020-04-18 20:53:15 By the same token it would be nice to permit resetting an items rotation to zero - not setting it back to zero - but telling the object that the current rotation, whatever it is, is now zero rotation. Sometimes I want to create something, or a group of somethings, that needs to be rotated to get the proper orientation, and I want to reset everything to zero rotation. Does that make sense?
It does make sense, I'll pass on the request!
by mccoytest 2020-04-18 20:53:15 Years ago I used Canvas on my (old) Mac and you could modify the rulers as I've described, which modified both the rulers and the gridding accordingly, but somebody (Deneba) bought the app and they went PC and ruined it. BTW, Canvas also had text on a path that was easy to assign shapes as a path. Must be getting close now!
It is! :smiley:

2020-04-20 16:31:36

Thanks for your quick response. Of course the ruler would be centered for both X, AND Y. and grids would match accordingly starting at a the center by whatever dimension you give them. (I like that feature) see image (close to correct) Image

2020-04-22 14:35:33

Got it, thanks for the clarification!

2022-10-23 14:50:54

After recent discussions about pivot points of objects I thought this would be a good time to bring this up again.