Vectors and PDF

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2020-04-12 12:58:23

I'm wondering when it will be possible to create vectors and export in pdf without seeing pixels. I mean the price is really fair, but the world PRO means that I can at least work on a client logo, and right now it is not possible. It would be a next level, making Pixelmator really PRO and the simplest program on the market, think about it!

2020-04-14 16:27:42

We'd love to, but it's a fairly significant feature. We'll obviously keep the idea in mind but, just out curiosity, is SVG unsuitable in your workflow?

2020-05-03 16:35:37

please do iiiit! do like a premium version so whoever wants to pay for these features can

2020-05-04 13:09:13

by Letticia Freitas please do iiiit! do like a premium version so whoever wants to pay for these features can
We're not big on in-app purchases so if we add this, it will be for everyone. But, again, purely out of interest, what kind of things would you use vector PDFs for? I ask just because if we do work on this in the future, we can keep your workflows in mind.

2020-05-21 21:42:52

Ok sorry to be a pain im just lazy i guess lol I use pixelmator to create vectors with my art so i can print tshirts. would be much easier for me converting the pics of my art into vectors

2020-05-22 08:52:25

Understood! I don't have all that much printing experience personally, so this might be a slightly silly question, but does SVG not work for you? That's one vector format that Pixelmator Pro does support.

Also, laziness is great — it's one of the main things that drive innovation! :smile:

2020-12-22 09:28:12

This feature would be very useful to iOS and Mac developers, as Xcode does not support vector symbols/images in SVG format (only PDF is supported). This means Pixelmator Pro currently cannot be used to export vector assets for iOS / Mac development.

Edit:
In Xcode 12, Apple finally added support for SVG image assets. Under the hood, it works the same way as PDF format that serves us for all these years.