Sharp Stroke

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2020-01-24 15:27:28

Hi there,

I have a problem. I want to create a sharp inner stroke to some font. But even when I use a font with shar edges, the stroke itself is rounded. Is there any way to fix it? I would like to create a inner stroke witj sharp edges.

Thnx.

2020-01-24 16:34:56

Yeah, for now, stroke corners (for shape and pixel layers) are rounded by default. We plan to address this in a future update but I can't think of any especially simple ways to get an inside stroke with sharp edges. I do have one method that might work for you, though:

1. Create your text layer (don't convert it into a shape or pixels)
2. Choose Edit > Load Selection with the text layer selected
3. Choose Format > Mask > Add Mask
4. Apply and edit your stroke — it will go outside the bounds of the text layer, but the mask will prevent it from appearing

Also, in the next update or two, we'll be adding the ability to change the position of stroke applied to text — the system stroke (used for text layers) doesn't have this rounding, so you'll be able to get the result you're after once it's released. I believe it's lined up for 1.5.6.

2020-01-24 17:03:59

Thanks!

2023-10-27 16:27:37

by Andrius Yeah, for now, stroke corners (for shape and pixel layers) are rounded by default. We plan to address this in a future update but I can't think of any especially simple ways to get an inside stroke with sharp edges. I do have one method that might work for you, though:

1. Create your text layer (don't convert it into a shape or pixels)
2. Choose Edit > Load Selection with the text layer selected
3. Choose Format > Mask > Add Mask
4. Apply and edit your stroke — it will go outside the bounds of the text layer, but the mask will prevent it from appearing

Also, in the next update or two, we'll be adding the ability to change the position of stroke applied to text — the system stroke (used for text layers) doesn't have this rounding, so you'll be able to get the result you're after once it's released. I believe it's lined up for 1.5.6.
Looks like there's still not a way to sharpen a stroke?

2023-10-27 22:14:39

There are some very serious bugs involved with text and fills/strokes/etc in the latest, Version 3.4.3 (Camelot) that we all hope will be resolved soon.