Olympus E-M5 markIII

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2020-01-20 02:00:12

I don’t see support for the Olympus E-M5 markIII .ORF files. I get error.

2020-01-20 16:34:43

Hi Alan, we had a question about this just recently — answered here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=17464

I'll just paste my previous answer here too:
For basic RAW decoding, we use the Apple API in macOS/iOS, so support would need to be added there — once that's available, Pixelmator Pro will automatically be able to open and edit those RAW files. I don't know exactly how frequently support is added for new camera models, but it usually comes with point updates to macOS or RAW compatibility updates.

P.S. You can find the full list of supported models here:

https://support.apple.com/HT210191

2020-08-07 13:06:33

hello, I just bought pixelmator photo for my Ipad air 3. The RAW files of my Olympus camera have .ORF extension, how do I open them? in case the program does not support this type of files, can I transform them to work? Could you recommend me how to do it? thank you
Martin

2020-08-12 12:22:08

Hey there, if the RAW files are not supported by your device (i.e. if they're not in the list present in the link I shared earlier and they don't open in the Photos app), the only way to transform them would be to convert them into JPEG or another compatible format. You may be able to do this in your camera, if not, you'd probably need to use Olympus' own desktop imaging software to open and export the images.