Snap

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2019-11-25 23:22:25

I wouldn’t mind a way to turn on and off snapping behavior, globally, through a keyboard or menu command. Not just the canvas, but in all places, like cropping: I might want to make a very subtle crop adjustment, but I can’t escape the gravity of the frame’s edge.

In the sun-dried-clay program, it is Command Shift ‘ (or Command U to turn off Smart Guides). In Final Cut Pro, it’s simply the letter N, for instance.

Keep up the good work, gang.

2019-11-25 23:34:25

I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for but if, while dragging you press and hold the command key, whatever you are dragging should stop snapping to things, at least in places I have tried it.
Hope this helps.
- Stef.

2019-11-25 23:39:02

Thank you, Stef, I will give it a try!

2019-11-26 10:11:31

Wherever there's any kind of snapping, pressing and holding the Command key should always neutralise it. :ok_hand:

2019-12-12 16:10:41

I'm enjoying this forum. I'm learning tons just by going through each one. Love your teams quick responses. Thank you!

2019-12-13 11:13:50

by marciachrist I'm enjoying this forum. I'm learning tons just by going through each one. Love your teams quick responses. Thank you!
Aw, that's very kind of you! I personally really enjoy the forum too and it's nice to see that it's becoming more and more active.