Mask, I can't find a linear mask like and prospective correction

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2019-11-14 16:17:46

It's possible add a linear select mask and prospective correction?
Thanks.

2019-11-18 09:58:28

Perspective correction is available as a nondestructive effect or when using the Free Transform feature (Edit > Transform). You can learn a little more about this here:

http://help.pixelmator.com/pixelmator-pro/1.5.1/#1166

As for a linear select mask, I'm not 100% I understand what you're looking for so if it's not too much trouble, could you share an example from another app, maybe?

2019-12-18 09:42:03

Hi Andrius,
by Andrius 2019-11-18 08:58:28 Perspective correction is available as a nondestructive effect or when using the Free Transform feature (Edit > Transform). You can learn a little more about this here:

http://help.pixelmator.com/pixelmator-pro/1.5.1/#1166

Ok, but it would be great to be able to draw guidelines to correct the perspective or rotation of the image.

As for a linear select mask, I'm not 100% I understand what you're looking for so if it's not too much trouble, could you share an example from another app, maybe?
A similar tool present in lightroom: Adjustment Brush tool or the Graduated Filter tool.

Thank you.

2019-12-18 11:40:12

Ahh, understood — yes, if/when we add adjustment layers, a quick way to apply a gradient mask for the adjustment layer would be pretty cool. For now, you could apply a regular mask to a layer, apply a gradient fill to it, and blend it with the layer below.

To do that, first Control-click the layer and choose Duplicate. Then, apply some color adjustments to the upper layer with the Color Adjustments tool. After that, Control-click the upper layer and choose Add Mask. Then, choose Format > Effects > Fill > Gradient (from the Format menu at the top of your screen) and adjust the gradient. You can also later fine-tune the color adjustments (making sure to select the image layer in the Layers sidebar again) and the mask (making sure to select the mask layer when using the Effects tool). Of course, that's a little complex and we'd love to improve the workflow in the future!

2020-01-02 14:45:19

The gradient layer addition is a nice workaround, but still I'd love to see adjustment layers. :thumbs_up:

2020-01-02 14:49:13

by TekART 2020-01-02 11:46:01 The gradient layer addition is a nice workaround, but still I'd love to see adjustment layers. :thumbs_up:
And we'd love to add them! :blush: