More effects and enhancements tools?

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2019-10-02 06:36:38

Do you guys have some plans to add more effects to Pixelmator pro?
Things like skin colour, red eye, Sky replacements, dark circle remover, teeth whitening...
Or other effects or enhancements?

2019-10-03 10:08:28

Red-eye removal is coming, the other effects aren't on our roadmap right now but they're on our feature request list as 'nice to have' in the future.

2019-10-03 11:16:52

Great to know. Thanks

2019-12-29 07:41:22

After watching this video: https://youtu.be/m2PmbPmSorQ
how luminar 4 was (maybe) implementing the amazing portrait features through Core image and given the fact that Pixelmator loves ML - also many users like that with Automator actions. I believe implementing and extending portrait features like this would also benefit pix pro.
@andrius
Yes, I understand the next 18 month are already laid out - and it should but I guess it would be really cool to have features like this with ML and Automator...

2019-12-29 15:36:09

Don't concentrate too much on things like ML and funny stuff like that! We professionals don't appreciate it! Concentrate on tools for professionals or we will have to go back to Adobe Photoshop! They seem to know the basics for serious professionals!

2019-12-29 15:42:34

by Republiken 2019-12-29 00:00:00 Don't concentrate too much on things like ML and funny stuff like that! We professionals don't appreciate it! Concentrate on tools for professionals or we will have to go back to Adobe Photoshop! They seem to know the basics for serious professionals!
Why does Ml resolution ml enhance not suit you? I think in many cases it does a great job or give a good starting point... if you have sliders and other tools to use you can also do your thing. Why should it be bad?

2019-12-29 17:10:29

Not bad but professional life does not only consist of dragging sliders.

2019-12-29 17:19:19

by Republiken 2019-12-29 17:11:34 Not bad but professional life does not only consist of dragging sliders.
I haven’t said that but it makes a lot of things much quicker and this would be a proposal after 18 month! Text on path, adjustment layers, history tool and other things they can implement before that.

2019-12-29 18:24:29

The way I look at it is that everybody has different requirements. I might want one thing. Someone else might want another. I think it helps the dialogue for us to express what we do and don't need and what we would (or would not) want to see.
What I don't think helps the dialogue is if I overstate my needs insisting that the things I want are 'essentials that every graphics app should have' and those that I don't want as 'frivolities that don't belong'. This isn't a dig any anyone here, it's just that I've heard these voices on the Pixelmator Community a few times and I don't think that they help.
I'm on the side of ML Super Resolution, but in this case, not because I'll use it on a regular basis but because I think that it's a useful feature that I might suddenly have a need for when a source image provided at the last minute is undersized.
Just my 2¢. Your views may differ.
- Stef.

2019-12-29 20:57:25

by st3f 2019-12-29 18:24:29 The way I look at it is that everybody has different requirements. I might want one thing. Someone else might want another. I think it helps the dialogue for us to express what we do and don't need and what we would (or would not) want to see.
What I don't think helps the dialogue is if I overstate my needs insisting that the things I want are 'essentials that every graphics app should have' and those that I don't want as 'frivolities that don't belong'. This isn't a dig any anyone here, it's just that I've heard these voices on the Pixelmator Community a few times and I don't think that they help.
I'm on the side of ML Super Resolution, but in this case, not because I'll use it on a regular basis but because I think that it's a useful feature that I might suddenly have a need for when a source image provided at the last minute is undersized.
Just my 2¢. Your views may differ.
- Stef.
I agree everybody has different needs. I thought it would be very interesting to see how other companies has made use out of ML and what things Pixelmator pro can include in the future. At the end of the day the team behind Pixelmator has to make a decision where to go.,,

I personally think they are on a good way... some things I would love to see earlier then others but I know I am not alone with “different needs” or I think I need it - or want it... however you put it.

Of you really need specific features you don’t need to have one app. Affinity, Pixelmator and luminar are not expensive as one time payments.

I prefer Pixelmator mostly because of the UI and simplicity while powerful.

I agree with you Stef.

2019-12-30 07:52:56

by Republiken Don't concentrate too much on things like ML and funny stuff like that! We professionals don't appreciate it! Concentrate on tools for professionals or we will have to go back to Adobe Photoshop! They seem to know the basics for serious professionals!
I agree that ML is not perfect and in some cases it made the picture worse or changed its essence but in many instances it did an amazing job and very quickly.

I had an image was taken in the dark an ML Denoise didnt do anything (1.5.4) so to have controls to tweak it is still necessary but some pics it did very well.

Dont forget Photoshop is around how many years now? Pix Pro is out now for 2 years. It is a development. I guess in 3 years time Pix Pro would be even better, for sure.

2020-01-02 14:01:46

It's easy to think that doing one thing means you can't at all do another, but that's not the case. If you take a look at our updates page, you'll see there's some ML stuff but it's not at all the only thing we've been working on. ML Super Resolution actually came about as a result of our work on ML Denoise (which is also still ongoing) so it seemed natural to take advantage of that and the update was received well, which is great for us. But we know there's a lot more we need to add/improve/etc. and that's what we'll be doing.

2020-01-04 22:58:50

by Andrius 2020-01-02 14:01:46 It's easy to think that doing one thing means you can't at all do another, but that's not the case. If you take a look at our updates page, you'll see there's some ML stuff but it's not at all the only thing we've been working on. ML Super Resolution actually came about as a result of our work on ML Denoise (which is also still ongoing) so it seemed natural to take advantage of that and the update was received well, which is great for us. But we know there's a lot more we need to add/improve/etc. and that's what we'll be doing.
happy new year to you all. Looking forward what 2020 will bring..,

2020-01-06 11:37:34

by ResLes happy new year to you all. Looking forward what 2020 will bring..,
Happy new year to you too!