Option to move panel to other side

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2019-08-19 16:52:28

Would love to see the option of moving the panels (i.e. tools) from the right side over to the left side and then be able to move the layers from the left side over to the right side. This would just help my brain.

Thanks!

2019-08-19 17:02:27

This is under consideration right now — I'd say it has a good chance of becoming a reality. Though, as always, no concrete promises until it's ready. :stuck_out_tongue:

2019-10-19 16:23:37

This would be a great addition... it would help my brain as well and also feel more natural for me as a left hander.

Pixelmator Rocks!

Thanks! :thumbs_up:

2019-12-03 07:35:29

I will echo the same request. Since this was requested back in August was there any development on this?

2019-12-03 14:59:25

We considered it and we decided we'd like to add it — it'll probably be one of the next few things we work on in terms of UI changes.

2020-06-11 00:22:47

I just bought this from all the recommendations but after seeing that I can not move my toolbar to the other side I will never use or recommend anyone else to buy as this is hard for one's brain to get used to. Every software out there is on the left or is floatable. I did not want to retrain my brain I want to use software that works and works well.

2020-06-11 08:14:47

Interface customization (including the ability to change the position of the tools) is coming in a future Pixelmator Pro update. In fact, it's one of the things we're working on right now.

2021-05-21 16:50:28

by Seann 2020-06-11 06:22:47 I just bought this from all the recommendations but after seeing that I can not move my toolbar to the other side I will never use or recommend anyone else to buy as this is hard for one's brain to get used to. Every software out there is on the left or is floatable. I did not want to retrain my brain I want to use software that works and works well.
Whoa! Did we not get enough sleep last night? Hangry?

The software is still freckin' awesome, especially for under $60. Hell, Porsche puts their ignition key on the left side of the steering wheel instead of the right side like the whole rest of the auto world. Yet, their vehicles still kick ass and are amazing regardless of the one minor thing that isn't exactly the way people want it or are used to.

Any idea when this feature is going to be implemented? Looks like it's been a couple of years for this request.

2021-05-22 07:05:12

If you go to preferences - workspaces - you can put it on the left side, top, bottom. It was implemented in 2.0