Rotating the canvas

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2019-08-07 23:32:24

Hey Pixelmator

I am a designer and I have love your app its very cool and with your ML engine it has made editing images super easy, I also tried painting in Pixelmator and the engine is pretty goos it feels different, I did notice though that you can not rotate canvas, could you guys add this Feature?

Thanks

2019-08-08 10:43:07

Hey there Andres,

If you're looking to rotate the canvas at increments of 90° or 180°, Image > Rotate Image should do the trick. :)

2019-08-08 14:34:23

:grimacing: HI

Yeah that how i have been doing it lately but its very limiting, Pls consider adding this feature every painting program has it.

2019-08-08 16:53:50

In Pixelmator Pro 1.4 you can free-rotate the canvas as part of the crop tool. Is that what you meant?

2019-08-09 02:54:54

What are the Versions of Pixelmator … I have 3.8.5 Phoenix.
Pro 1.4 is suggested if one wished the capability of an incremental rotation of an image.
Where does that fit in with the $49.99 App Store Pro version?
Thanks

2019-08-09 07:40:32

I'm not sure what you're asking: you seem to be answering your own questions.
At time of writing, there are two Pixelmator products for macOS (that I know of): Pixelmator and Pixelmator Pro.
The latest versions are as you stated.
They are both available on the Mac App Store.
At version 1.4 (if I remember correctly), Pixelmator Pro gained the ability to rotate the canvas freely as part of enhancements to the Crop tool.

Hope this helps.

- Stef.
Edit: If you're looking to upgrade from Pixelmator to Pixelmator Pro, there is an upgrade bundle on the Mac App Store that will give you a discount (provided that you didn't buy the original app at a discount - because that's how the app store works.)

2019-08-25 17:23:48

+1
the OP is referring to what the 'R' key does in Photoshop, i.e. free rotation of the entire canvas with stylus/cursor.

Affinity Photo almost implements this feature [Enable canvas rotation with trackpad] inside Preferences -> Tools, but instead of the stylus/cursor two fingers are needed on the trackpad or multi touch gesture enabled tablet like the Intuos Pro.
by st3f 2019-08-08 16:53:50 In Pixelmator Pro 1.4 you can free-rotate the canvas as part of the crop tool. Is that what you meant?
this feature rotates the image for use in cropping, the OP is asking to rotate the whole canvas for ergonomic/stylistic reasons during editing such as wanting to begin an upstroke from the top of the page down.

The current Pixelmator Pro 1.4 Arrange -> Rotate 90°/180° implementation is handy when mapped to a keyboard shortcut, but is not precise enough for detailed edits such as retouching.

Pixelmator Team, please add canvas free rotate with cursor [mappable to a single key] to build 1.5. It is one of the last few reasons why Photoshop is still installed on my workstations : (

Thank you!

2019-08-27 16:09:50

Cheers for the feature request Christopher — this isn't in our plans for 1.5 but it's not out of the question for future updates!