Rotating the canvas

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2019-08-07 23:32:24

Hey Pixelmator

I am a designer and I have love your app its very cool and with your ML engine it has made editing images super easy, I also tried painting in Pixelmator and the engine is pretty goos it feels different, I did notice though that you can not rotate canvas, could you guys add this Feature?

Thanks

2019-08-08 10:43:07

Hey there Andres,

If you're looking to rotate the canvas at increments of 90° or 180°, Image > Rotate Image should do the trick.

2019-08-08 14:34:23

HI

Yeah that how i have been doing it lately but its very limiting, Pls consider adding this feature every painting program has it.

2019-08-08 16:53:50

In Pixelmator Pro 1.4 you can free-rotate the canvas as part of the crop tool. Is that what you meant?

2019-08-09 02:54:54

What are the Versions of Pixelmator … I have 3.8.5 Phoenix.
Pro 1.4 is suggested if one wished the capability of an incremental rotation of an image.
Where does that fit in with the $49.99 App Store Pro version?
Thanks

2019-08-09 07:40:32

I'm not sure what you're asking: you seem to be answering your own questions.
At time of writing, there are two Pixelmator products for macOS (that I know of): Pixelmator and Pixelmator Pro.
The latest versions are as you stated.
They are both available on the Mac App Store.
At version 1.4 (if I remember correctly), Pixelmator Pro gained the ability to rotate the canvas freely as part of enhancements to the Crop tool.

Hope this helps.

- Stef.
Edit: If you're looking to upgrade from Pixelmator to Pixelmator Pro, there is an upgrade bundle on the Mac App Store that will give you a discount (provided that you didn't buy the original app at a discount - because that's how the app store works.)