Scripting

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2019-07-06 07:57:01

The photoshop action scripts are very good, but the real solution, the professional way, would be programming-scripting. There would be an infinite number of functions and tiny smart ideas for the community.
I use another program for design, iDraw (now Graphics) .. it is able to access Java, a set of programs and other systems... this is greatest strength, I would like to use something similar in Pixelmator here.

One more thing ...
Uncomfortable to always work with two programs at the same time, other settings, copy / paste, save-open .. If Pixelmator develops on vector tools, then this would be the best program that wouldn't be needed for another.

2019-07-15 15:36:42

Scripting support has been requested in the past — we've had a few ideas about what could be done, though it's not a high-priority feature at this moment in time, it is something we think we'd eventually like to add.

2019-07-15 17:30:33

Very great sadness: - ((
I hope it is not at the end of the list. It is incredible how much work can be saved if there is such a script option in a program. The actions are good, but not the same.

2019-07-17 08:42:43

Oh no, it's nowhere near the end of the list! In terms of important things that we'd actually like to add, it's closer to the lower end. But that puts it above many things we're not planning to add and it will, probably, make it into the app at some point.