Trace effect missing from Pixelmator Pro?

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2019-01-13 16:12:14

Hello. I really like the "Trace" effect from Pixelmator. It's one of the most unique artistic tools I've ever used. I was very disappointed that this appears to have been left out of Pixelmator Pro :-(

Is there any chance that Trace will be added to Pixelmator Pro in a future update? That would be super!

2019-01-14 11:13:51

Things that require edge detection, like the Tracer effect, are a little tricky to do nondestructively, which is why they aren't available in Pixelmator Pro — at least right now. There are a few other effects (like Neon and Solarize) which work on a similar principle that we do eventually want to add to Pixelmator Pro, so Tracer might become available in a future update.

2019-01-14 12:25:51

by Andrius 2019-01-14 11:13:51 Things that require edge detection, like the Tracer effect, are a little tricky to do nondestructively, which is why they aren't available in Pixelmator Pro — at least right now. There are a few other effects (like Neon and Solarize) which work on a similar principle that we do eventually want to add to Pixelmator Pro, so Tracer might become available in a future update.
I see. Thanks 🙂