Make export slices based on layer and hide all other layers

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2018-09-15 20:47:48

When composing a scene I like to bring all assets into a big file and tweak their sizes and positioning. Once I'm happy with everything, I want to export everything. At the moment I try to create slices to export everything at once. However, there are times in which two slices overlap. So I need to export everything, and then for a few slices I need to go, disable certain layers, and export the overlapping slices that were in the background. For example, in this example I need to export the alarm clock when exporting all, but I need to export the aux table texture separately after disabling the alarm clock layer.

I'd like to make slices relative to a layer, so when exporting the slice will disable all layers except the one it's associated with. This way I could export all textures of my project in one go! That'll save me a lot of time.

Thanks!
ALE

2018-09-15 21:05:08

A big smile just crept over my face. Try right-clicking on a layer in the layers panel and selecting Add for Export...

If I understand you correctly that might help. :grinning: (I really hope I understand you.)

Here's the post of my finding the Add for Export... functionality a few days ago: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=16330

Hope this helps.

- Stef.

2018-09-15 21:09:14

I want to cry! This is exactly what I want!

Thanks a bunch! :thumbs_up: