Undo to let you carry on creating straight lines with "shift"

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2018-08-07 22:29:45

What Happens Now
This happens when I'm drawing straight lines clicking with the brush in one place and while holding "shift" clicking on another place. Some times I misplace the destination click (the second one). So I press CMD+Z to undo. But then the first click is "forgotten", so I have to recreate the first click and then try again the second click (holding shift).

Suggestion
It would improve my iteration time by at least 5x if when undoing (CMD+Z) the brush tool still would remember the first click. That way I could be like this with a minimum movement of the mouse:
- Second click holding shift.
- Wrong straight line.
- CMD+Z
- Second click a bit up (still holding shift).
- Wrong straight line.
- CMD+Z
- Second click a bit left (still holding shift).
- PERFECT! :ok_hand:

2018-08-09 04:26:40

We totally see your point here and will put it on the request list. Thank you!

2018-08-09 21:52:53

Thanks for the prompt reply! Is there a way I can track the progress of this feature? :)

2018-08-10 06:42:35

The best way to track it is probably to occasionally ask about it in this thread. :grinning:

Right now, the Shift-click to paint straight lines thing works the same as in PS but it wouldn't be too tricky to add this feature. It's now on the feature request list and we'll definitely consider it for future updates. :wink:

2018-08-12 20:29:49

Awesome! Thanks :)

2018-08-13 13:10:06

Just to add another voice here I also give a +1 to this suggestion. Would be a major time saver to have this feature :)