Save files as TGA

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2018-08-06 19:41:23

For Second Life, sometimes it's desirable to save a file in Targa (.TGA) format. Second Life accepts JPEG, BMP, PNG, and Targa formats; only PNG and Targa are supported with alpha channels, and of those two, only Targa is lossless.

2018-08-13 11:46:37

We don't really have plans to add TGA export to Pixelmator Pro as it's quite an old and not very commonly used format, but I notice you mentioned PNG is lossy — that's actually not the case as PNG is most definitely a lossless format.

2021-02-10 03:36:18

Going to second the utility of this for gaming development work. There's a bunch of files in .tga format in the Minecraft texture packs. Royal PITA to use online converts that try to gouge you for $ when you already own a slick piece of software where you do the rest of your work....

2022-03-26 19:07:44

Any news about the TGA export? It may be an old format, but essential for iRacing paints. If there are no plans to support TGA, I need to look elsewhere.

2022-03-29 10:04:14

The status of this format hasn't really changed. As Andrius mentioned above, we don't have plans to support TGA in Pixelmator Pro. Sorry!

2024-01-26 10:57:03

what problem with implementing to save TGA format? if this app is really pro it need to support this pro format which widely use in gamedev. inability to save this type of file makes me sad and forces me to spend time to find another solutions with another apps