Unlinking masks

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2018-04-06 00:20:54

I'd like to "unlink" a mask from a layer so I can either move the mask or the image separately while keeping the other stationary.

2018-04-06 08:51:15

Feature request noted (and is actually already on the feature request list)! For now, here's a simple workaround:

1. Group your masked layer into a layer group.
2. Drag the mask from the inner layer onto the layer group.

Now, if you choose the Arrange tool and select the mask in the Layers sidebar, you'll be able to move the mask itself. If you select the inner layer in the group, you'll be able to move the layer without moving the mask. And if you move the group, you'll be able to move the layer and mask together.

Hope that helps!

2021-06-11 06:40:11

I would also like to have an unlink mask option under a layer's right click menu.

This feature will save time.

2021-06-14 07:43:11

by onedrawingperday 2021-06-11 03:40:11 I would also like to have an unlink mask option under a layer's right click menu.

This feature will save time.
Noted! We might not be able to add this feature in the immediate future (there are quite a few things on our to-do list we need to go through first) but as Andrius said, we are aware of this feature and it's something we're considering for the next batch of the layer-related improvements. :fingers_crossed: