Reflection

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2018-01-28 02:20:53

I know it's very basic and you can use every Apple app to do it, but it would be nice to have it built into Pixelmator Pro.

2018-02-06 00:49:46

Agreed! Miss it from the old Pixelmator.

2018-02-06 09:20:21

I've added this one to the feature request list — I think we should be able to make it happen relatively soon. 🙂

2021-06-13 16:57:42

I've just moved from Pixelmator Classic to Pro and in one of my templates I use the "refection" option to show a reflection of the text. I can't find this on Pro. Has it been taken out, and if so why? I'm reliant on this function.

2021-06-14 09:57:20

by David Elder I've just moved from Pixelmator Classic to Pro and in one of my templates I use the "refection" option to show a reflection of the text. I can't find this on Pro. Has it been taken out, and if so why? I'm reliant on this function.
It's one of the very few features that's still Pixelmator Classic-only. It has never made it to Pixelmator Pro and, to be honest, there's no specific reason for it. We do have a Reflection style on our roadmap but more as a feature for the longer-term future. In the meantime, using a gradient fill style (when working with solid-color objects) or layer masks are a couple of workarounds you can try.

2021-08-28 19:03:03

I too would like to see this feature restored in the Pro version. Three years
ago Andrius indicated it would be ‘reinstated’ but I guess it’s far more complex
than you anticipated? Please advise. Thank you.

2021-09-08 10:56:05

As convenient it is so easy it is to create this effect with a duplicate and a mask with a gradient - and much more control over size&fall-off.

2021-09-08 17:10:00

I made a few Displacement Maps (see reply above 2. image) and wanted to know whether there are any special requirements necessary regarding size, color/greyscale/bit depth and pixel size to work best?

2022-02-24 12:33:29

by EllenM 2021-09-08 15:10:00 I made a few Displacement Maps (see reply above 2. image) and wanted to know whether there are any special requirements necessary regarding size, color/greyscale/bit depth and pixel size to work best?
Hi Ellen, did you end up finding out more about Displacement Maps in Pixelmator? I have the same questions. In particular, I’d like to be able to independently displace pixels along the horizontal and vertical axes — to for example stretch an image horizontally, but not vertically.

2022-02-25 09:04:39

I tried the same specs I usually use in 3d work 1K/2K resolutions, 16bit grayscale.
You can rotate the map and set it to affect either horizontally or vertically like in my example above which is only altered horizontally.