A stand alone Mac only Digital Asset Manager

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2017-12-26 16:39:16

I'm fed up with multi platform apps, but even amongst those there isn't a Digital Asset Manager that I consider to be very good. I've tried most of them and have finally settled on Photo Supreme. It's quirky and only 32 bit, being built on very old technology, but it does implement EXIF and XMP according to defined standards. And, it allows me to import all kinds of file types, including PNG, TXT, and GIF, etc. At present it can't import and preview Pixelmator Pro PXD files (perhaps you could help the developer out on that). I hope one day to migrate these managed assets to a better stand alone Mac only application and I ask that the Pixelmator Team decide to employ a database expert and begin developing Pixelmator DAM a.s.a.p..

2018-01-01 17:56:10

I definitely second to that. A DAM with the same simple, breathtaking Pixelmator Pro UI design.

2018-01-23 16:53:22

Its sad that no new DAM product has been written for decades. For those who would like something better than Lightroom, some hang on in hope an Aperture X will suddenly appear. It won't. Others become frustrated - like me! We know Google has sold off the NIK collection to DxO, so whilst Pixelmator is being favoured by Apple, perhaps now would be a good time for them to make an offer and buy the database code from Aperture.

2018-02-26 18:28:33

Hi!

Consider Skylum’s Luminar 2018 when their brand-new DAM will be added esrly this year (no,stand alone product, but integrated into Luminar 2018). Will most probably work better than Lightroom and no subscription.

Luminar and Pixelmator Pro are amazing pieces of software. I develop my images in Luminar 2018, like I did in Lightroom, do collages, text, web mockups, posters and those kinds of things in Pixelmator Pro and resize images. The two programmes work wonderfully together, could not do without any one of them...

Helge.

Helge.